Sometimes TntMPD can not connect to the internet to download gift information, even though your computer is connected. If you can see your donations at your organization's website using Microsoft Internet Explorer (as opposed to Firefox) than TntMPD should also be able to connect to your organization's website.
If not there are several possible reasons:
1. Your organization's website for providing donation information is temporarily down. If your organization provides a "Staff Web" of "Staff Portal" for viewing donation information, see if you can login using your web browser and view your information online. If not, the website is probably down and unavailable to TntMPD as well.
2. TntMPD can't connect to the internet at all. To test if TntMPD can connect to the internet at all, under the "Help" menu, click on "Check for Updates". If this works, than TntMPD can connect to the internet and the problem is specific to your organization. If this doesn't work, make sure you can visit www.tntware.com using Microsoft Internet Explorer (not Firefox) as TntMPD uses the internet connection settings from Microsoft Internet Explorer. (Note: It's important that you pull up the 32-bit version of Microsoft Internet Explorer for this test.)
3. Your organization has moved their website. Click on the "Download Organization List" button. If your organization is listed, this should ensure you're using the latest configuration settings to connect.
4. You have a personal firewall blocking TntMPD (and not Microsoft Internet Explorer) from connecting to the internet. Try turning off your personal firewall (or reconfiguting it to allow TntMPD) to see if this is the issue. Here's a handy reference to further explore this topic:
5. You might need to specify your proxy server setup because of your ISP or content filter. Generally TntMPD can automatically use the proxy settings from Microsoft Internet Explorer or auto-detect them from your Mac settings. But you can also manually set them in TntMPD. Under the "Tools" menu, click on "Network Settings" and you can specify the proxy server for TntMPD to use.
6. Your proxy server might require you to login using a browser. In this case, pull up Internet Explorer and login to your proxy server. Leave Internet Explorer open while you use TntMPD.