TntConnect comes with built-in support for starting a mail merge document with Microsoft Word. But what if you don't use Microsoft Word? Or what if TntConnect is not able to connect to Microsoft Word successfully? In either case, you can manually perform a mail merge. Just follow these steps:
- Select the group you want to work with, e.g. by selecting Tools > Newsletter tools > Paper > Receives Paper newsletter.
- Under the "File" menu, click on "Export Current Group".
- Select the fields you'd like to be included in the mail merge.
- Click "OK", then click "Export".\
- Choose a location and file name for your export file. This will be a CSV (Comma Seperated Values) text file.
In Your Word Processor (Microsoft Word, Publisher, Open Office, etc.):
Start a mail merge using the commands and features specific to whatever program you use to create a mail merge. When asked for the source of data for the merge, choose the CSV text file you created in step 4.